The picture is that there’s millions of Muslims worldwide. The Muslims belong to ONE Ummah – meaning that they are meant to act as one big community!
There’s thousands of Muslims going online on Twitter! Are you getting the picture?
We’re ONE big community, so let’s started to link up and act like one! That’s what the #FollowIslam hashtag is all about – joining up all the Muslims to form one big Muslim Community.
So how does it work? It’s very simple!
All you do is put #FollowIslam in your tweet. If you see someone else who has put #FollowIslam in their tweet, just follow them – no questions asked. It’s just like any other follow on Twitter – teamfollowback, Follow Fridays etc. But this one is for Muslims.
It’s got two main meanings – firstly, follow your Muslim Brothers and Sisters. Secondly, Follow Islam!!
So here are the ground rules for #FollowIslam:
- If you see #FollowIslam in a tweet – follow it! It should be your Muslim Brother or Sister. (You can always check with them beforehand if they are Muslim)
- Put #FollowIslam in your tweets so that other Muslims see it and follow you!
- Don’t be selfish and follow other Muslims,
- Respect your Brother and Sister in Islam – don’t go over the boundaries and portray yourself with the best possible character – don’t forget that Twitter is public and people can see your tweets – represent the best of Islam, not the worst!
- If you disagree with anything that your Brother or Sister says, tackle it sensitively and considerately, with good Islamic manners and etiquettes. If anything, try to correct any mistakes in private first, with a Direct Message.
Insha’Allah, these are a few guidelines to building a strong Muslim community. I’m sure there’ll be others and you may even suggest a few yourself.
[If you like this article, please share it with your friends]