The famine in East Africa is getting worse day by day, and is spreading.
- Over 11 million people are affected – the worst drought in 60 years in the region
- Families, women and children (often barefoot) are crossing scorched land, to the borders of Kenya and Ethiopia, they are looking for help in the refugee camps – not everyone survives the journey
- Those who do, are faced with the sound of crying, disease and death around them in the camps,
- One third of the children are malnourished – their skin is shrinking on their bodies, infants are crying all day, babies too weak to lift their hands
- Would you be able to stand your OWN child being put through this? How long can you bear you baby crying, and you yourself can do nothing to help? Can you bear to watch your son or daughter slowly die in your hands?
- In addition food prices have doubled and tripled in some areas, making it even more difficult for people to survive without YOUR help
- Tens of thousands of deaths have already occurred
- These people cannot do anything more to help themselves. It’s time for us ALL to act.
- Allah Says in the Qur’an:
- “The likeness of those who spend for Allah’s sake is as the likeness of a grain of corn, it grows seven ears every single ear has a hundred grains, and Allah multiplies (increases the reward of) for whom He wills, and Allah is sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower).” (Qur’an, 2:261)
- “Those who (in charity) spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret and in public have their reward with their Rabb (only God and Sustainer). On them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.” (Qur‘an, 2:274)
- …that which you give for charity, seeking the Countenance of Allah, (will increase); it is those who will get a recompense multiplied.” (Qur’an, 30:39)
- Rasulallah Salallahu ‘alaihi wasallam said: ‘Whoever gives charity equal to a date from good earnings – for Allah does not accept anything but that which is good – Allah will take it in His right hand and tend it for the one who gave it as any one of you tends his foal, until it becomes like a mountain.’ (Bukhari and Muslim)
- Brothers and sisters, WE are being tested by this famine – not just the people in Somalia and Kenya and Ethiopia. WE ARE. Let’s be successful in this test.
- It’s not too late to help – please help now, please help today
- £1 can help feed a family for ONE day, £10 can feed a family for TEN days, £30 will feed a family for the MONTH OF RAMADAN,
- Please give generously – think about your hunger this Ramadan, think about their hunger every day, which does not stop with an iftar
- Jazakamullah khayrun
MORE ABOUT THE EAST AFRICA FAMINE: Rush to Aid East Africa this Ramadan: Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya Drought
Be a REAL Muslim – care for the Ummah and help today, not tomorrow.
Stand Up 4 Islam!
[If you like this article, please share it with your friends]