I hope that, In Sha Allah, many Muslims will benefit from the following authentic duas, taken from the book, Fortress of the Muslim.
SUPPLICATIONS FOR WHEN YOU WAKE UP
1. Alhamdu lillahil-lathee ahyaanaa ba’da maa amaatanaa wa ilaihin-nushoor
Praise be to Allah Who Gives us life after He Has Caused us to die and unto Him is the return. (At-Tirmidhi)
2. Laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa ‘alaa kulli shai’in Qadeer. Subhan Allaahi wal-hamdu lillahi, wa laa ilaaha illallaahu, wallaahu akbar, wa laa hawla wa laa Quwatta illa billahi-‘Aliyyil-‘Adheem. Rabbigh firlee.
There is none worthy of workship but Allah alone, Who Has no partners, His is the dominion and to Him Belongs all praise, and He Is Able to do all things. Glory be unto Allah, Praise be unto Allah. There is none worthy of worship but Allah. Allah Is the Greatest. There is no might and no power except by Allah’s Leave, the Exalted, the Mighty. My Lord, forgive me. (Bukhari)
3. Alhamdu lillahil-lathee aafaani fi jasadee, wa radda ‘alayya roohee, wa athina lee bithikrihi
Praise be to Allah Who Gave strength to my body and returned my soul to me and permitted me to remember Him. (At-Tirmidhi)
4. ‘Inna fee khalqis-samaawaati wal’ardhi wakhtilaafil-layli wannahaari la’aayaatil-li ‘oolil-‘albaab. Allatheena yathkuroon-allaaha qiyaaman wa qu’oodan vua ‘alaa junoobihim wa yatafakkaroona fee khalqis-samaawaati wal’ardhi Rabbanaa maa khalaqta haathaa baatilan subhaanaka faqinaa ‘athaaban-naar. Rabbanaa ‘innaka man tudkhilin-naara faqad ‘akhzaytahu wa maa lidh-dhalimeena rain ‘ansaar. Rabbanaa ‘innanaa sami’naa munaadiyan yunaadee lil’eemaani ‘an ‘aaminoo birabbikum fa’aamannaa, Rabbanaa faghfir lanaa thunoobanaa wa kaffir ‘annaa sayyi’aatinaa wa tawaffanaa ma’al-‘abraar. Rabbanaa wa ‘aatinaa maa wa’adtanaa ‘alaa rusulika wa laa tukhzinaa yawmal-qiyaamati, ‘innaka laa tukhliful-mee’aad. Fastajaaba lahum Rabbuhum’annee laa ‘udhee’u ‘amala ‘aanulim-minkum min thakarin ‘aw ‘unthaa, ba’dhukum mim ba’dh, fallatheena haajaroo wa ‘ukhrijoo min diyaarihim wa ‘oothoo fee sabeelee wa qaataloo wa qutiloo la’ukaffiranna ‘anhum sayyi’aatihim wa la’udkhilannahum jannaatin tajree min tahtihal-‘anhaaru thawaaban min ‘indillaah, wallaahu ‘indahu husnuth-thawaab. Laa yaghur-rannaka taqallubul-latheena kafaroo fil-bilaad. Mataa’un qaleelun thumma ma’waahum jahannam, wa bi’sal-mihaad. Laakinil-latheenat-taqaw Rabbahum lahumjannaatun tajree min tahtihal-‘anhaaru khaalideena feehaa nuzulam-min ‘indillaah, wa maa ‘indallaahi khayrul-lil’abraar. Wa ‘inna min ‘ahlil-kitaabi laman yu’minu billaahi wa maa ‘unzila ‘ilaykum wa maa ‘unzila ‘ilayhim khaashi’eena lillaahi laa yashtaroona bi’aayaatillaahi thamanan qaleela, ‘oolaa’ika lahum ‘ajruhum ‘inda Rabbihim, ‘innallaaha saree’ul-hisaab. Yaa’ayyuhal-latheena ‘aamanus-biroo wa saabiroo wa raabitoo wattaqul-laaha la’allakum tuflihoon.
Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed Signs for men of understanding. Those who remember Allah standing, sitting and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying:) “Our LordA You. have not created this without purpose, glory is to You! Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the oppressors find any helpers. Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith (saying:) ‘Believe in your Lord,’ and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness together with the pious and righteous slaves. Our Lord! Grant us what You promised us through Your Messengers, and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) promise.” So, their Lord answered them (saying): “Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female. You issue forth one from another, so those who emigrated and were driven out from their homes, and suffered harm in My Cause and who fought, and were killed in My Cause, verily, I will expiate from them their evil deeds and admit them into Gardens under which rivers flow ; a reward from Allah , and with Allah is the best of rewards .” Let not the free disposal of the disbelievers through out the land deceive you . A brief enjoyment ; then , their ultimate abode is Hell ; and worst indeed is that place for rest . But , for those who fear their Lord, are Gardens under which rivers flow ; therein are they to dwell forever , and entertainment from Allah ; and that which is with Allah is the best for the pious and righteous slaves . And there are , certainly , among the people of the Scripture , those who believe in Allah and in that which has been revealed to you , and in that which has been revealed to them , hum bling themselves before Allah . They do not sell the Verses of Allah for a little price, for them is a reward with their Lord . Surely , Allah is Swift in account . O you who believe! Have patience and contend in patience, be vigilant and informed, and fear Allah , so that you may be successful. (Qur’an, Aal-i-Imran, 190-200; Bukhari, Muslim)
SUPPLICATION WHEN GETTING DRESSED
5. Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee kasaanee haathaa (aththawba) wa razaqaneehi min ghayri hawlim-minnee wa laa quwwatin.
Praise is to Allah Who has clothed me with this (garment) and provided it for me, though I was powerless myself and incapable (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmidhi)
SUPPLICATION WHEN PUTTING ON NEW CLOTHES
6. Allaahumma lakal-hamdu ‘Anta kasawtaneehi, ‘as’aluka min khayrihi wa khayri maa suni’a lahu, wa ‘a’oothu bika min sharrihi wa sharri ma suni’a lahu.
O Allah, praise is to You. You have clothed me. I ask You for its goodness and the goodness of what it has been made for, and I seek Your protection from the evil of it and the evil of what it has been made for. (Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi)
SUPPLICATION FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS PUT ON NEW CLOTHES
7. Tublee wa yukhliful-laahu ta’aalaa.
May Allah replace it when it is worn out. (Abu Dawud)
8. Ilbas jadeedan, wa ‘ish hameedan, wa mut shaheedan.
Put on new clothes , live a praise-worthy life and die as a martyr. (Ibn Majah)
WHAT TO SAY WHEN UNDRESSING
In the Name of Allah. (At-Tirmidhi)
SUPPLICATION FOR ENTERING THE RESTROOM
10. [Bismillaahi] Allaahumma ‘innee ‘a’oothu bika minal-khubthi walkhabaa’ith.
(Before entering) [In the Name of Allah] . (Then) O Allah , I seek protection in You from the male and female unclean spirits. (Bukhari, Muslim)
SUPPLICATION FOR LEAVING THE RESTROOM
I seek Your forgiveness. (Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmidhi)
[If you like this article, please share it with your friends]